Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Further Adventures of the 400 Rabbits

July was a busy month!  I ran a few sessions of Lacuna, wrote a short story I think is pretty good, and did a bit of painting.

Towards the end of the month, I picked up some more stuff for Adeptus Titanicus and painted it up in the colors of my custom Legio.  Legio Solis has access to some fairly esoteric weaponry, including conversion beamers of all sizes.  I grabbed one of each of the Warhound, Reaver, and Warlord Conversion Beam weapons.  Here they are:


I also added two Knights Styrix. The volkite weapons they carry around go hard on void shields.

Here are those two knights:




These guys are the newest addition to the Centzon Totochtin, the "400 Rabbits."  These two are Cuatlapanqui (the Head Opener, left), and Papaztac (the Nervous One, right).

I am in the process of retconning my custom lore a bit and I am sure I will change some names around on my older knights.  I have learned a bit more about the "real world" mythology that I would like to incorporate. This knight household wears the same colors as the Legio Solis and are not considered a distinct entity, as is so often the case with knight households and titan legios.  Instead, the knights from this loyalist forge world are considered part and parcel of the Legio, although a distinct sub-group, referred to collectively as the 400 Rabbits.  They often act as scouts and skirmishers alongside smaller titans such as Warhounds and Dire Wolves, though from time to time they come together and act in concert to fell a much much larger enemy engine.  They Knights Styrix play an important part in those pack tactics as the volkite weapons they wield are exceptionally good at stripping away void shields, leaving such engines to the tender mercies of the rest of the rabbits, who go for the kill.  From the conversion beams of the Knight Asterius to the shock lances and ion gauntlets of the Cerastus Lancers to the simple but effective chainswords of the Knights Questoris, even a Warlord or a Warmaster can be brought down when the knights work together. Here the are the members of the Centzon Totochtin so far:


I will be adding others, I'm sure, along with a few more Titans.  I'm actually excited for a GW release for the first time in a while!  The upcoming Legions Imperialis release means they are going to be converting a number of resin kits to plastic, coming out with a new weapons sprue for the Warhound that includes arm missile pods, and offering a variety of terrain.  It looks like I am going to be able to finish building my city board after all and I am psyched for that!  I'll probably also eventually add a Warmaster and perhaps another Warlord or Reaver to the Sunkillers in addition to more knights...but the board will come first.  I have a couple of the FW city tiles for Titanicus, but they sold out before I was able to really get what I wanted, and they have been out of the city Imperialis terrain for months now.  I'd also really like to do one more traitor legio to balance things out a bit - I've always liked the Legio Fureans, but it's really hard to choose - I like the colors for most of the legios both loyalist and traitor, and of course I could always do my own.  If I can find colors I am satisfied with I might even try the Legio Tritonis.

Alongside that, I'm going to try to develop the lore around my custom Legio and the forgeworld they come from.  The Ad Mech in general have always kind of grabbed my interest - one of these days I should throw my Mechanicus army up here.

In other news: I have made very little progress on the Scarlet City project, I am sorry to say.  I have been on a kind of hiatus from the Dungeon23 project the last couple of months.  Just too many other things happening.  I know, I know.  But starting in August, it should calm down again quite a bit, and I will pick up right where I left off.  I looked my Notion site over again earlier this week, and everything looks good there, thankfully.  I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to try to make up the last couple of months or not - I guess that's probably too far out and I'm better off just sticking to what's right in front of me and trying to do one character a day.  I've got about 150 characters so far - I'll keep trundling along and hopefully, at some point towards the end of the year, I will double that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment