Thursday, August 10, 2023

A trio of funny ones this time

I should probably present these without commentary, but it's haaaaard!  I thought these three were funny.  I must have gotten a real snootful of e. e. cummings before writing the first one. The second one is really silly, but there's a self-awareness there that I like.  The last one is, well.... I think it's probably the best of the three.  Anyway!  I promise I will stop the hijacking after this week.  Probably only do like one or two more of these posts, and then go back to your regularly scheduled broadcast!


Blank comes now into


Blank falls
sidewise and weirdways
from the sunpush nightgrunt
birthvacuum and into be
and here.
Be is a strange thing,
all nosemoutheyesearshands
for drinking herenow.

(Somehow someone somewhere comes to fullstop)

Noone is such fine company
in nine-month nothing
that Blank is forced to
sing a wasn't
loud as
a daunt to everywhere
and gasplife
redundantly to please
be (and to daunt resume)
while don't and musn't
tell him hush
and croon lullilies
to futurewho.





Conversations with Foliage


So, Self-important,
did you talk
to the tree?
Did they tell you
how ridiculous you are,
woodenly arguing
your anger
with a rough bark
of laughter?

          "Yeah, wild cowboy flowers
           pulled pistils from holsters
           and ran my ignorance right outta Dodge."

Hey, Self Important,
did you discuss
the roots of
your impotence
with Mr.
Stan D.
Coniferous?
Did he branch
into mockery
when you saw
how solid
his trunk?

          "Yeah, he told me
           that on the contrary,
           the inability to move frees me
           from the obligation to act."

Say, Self Important,
did you debate
your sadness
with Miss Cherry
Deciduous?
Did she threaten
to leaf you,
candid chlorophyll,
'cause you
didn't eat her
cherries no more?

          "Yeah, I stammered as stamens
           spat golden pollen on my depression
           and spilled blossoms and petals on my hate."

Okay, Self Important,
so awkward and mortal,
did you explain
your perspective
and all of your
problems
to Mayor
Merle Maple?
Yes?  Good,
he's a capable
being.  Now
what did he say?

          "He said there is only sap
           and syrup to the trees.
           Called me full of sap
           and poured syrup on me."





sandbox menendez


this is where i
want to rule
the world from.
in my pajamas.
let the churchills
and the nixons
and popes come here to me.
i've got my batphone
and alfred.

(i'm mad a mommy.
mommy and daddy
     are banished
to their rooms.

indefinitely.)


No comments:

Post a Comment