Sunday, May 12, 2024

The Basquiat Tarot v1.3

A few weeks ago, the Satrap of Saturn mentioned seeing a couple of stickers of Basquiat paintings and thinking for a moment that they were Tarot cards.  I started looking through some of his paintings online, and soon found that many of his images actually matched up pretty nicely to the Major Arcana.  I put together a deck and shared it with a bunch of friends and acquaintances, and they seemed to get a kick out of it.  I've always liked Basquiat's work, though it's been a while since I looked at it.  It struck me that there were stylistic similarities to the work of one of my favorite OSR artists, Scrap Princess.

Anyway, I've been messing with it and trying to improve it a bit for the last few weeks and I thought I would put it up here.  If anyone can figure out how to edit Boy and Dog in a Johnnypump so it fits a card without excising major parts of it, it would make a near-perfect Fool, so let me know! In any case, feel free to use the cards as an Artpunk Deck of Many Things if you have a campaign you need to end in a hurry.

























Here is a PDF of all the images if you prefer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment