Sunday, January 14, 2024

Instant Kafka Back Catalog Released

 SO:

I know I promised you guys to stop with the music posts but I'm kind of excited about something that happened a few days ago, so there will be one more music post before I stop for at least a little while.  I have blathered about this here before but one of the old bands I was in reunited recently.  We got picked up by a (very) small label and nearly our entire back catalog (seven albums worth with one more album on the way) is available now on just about every music platform on the internet - Spotify, Amazon, Apple, Pandora, a bunch of others - I've linked several of them (but far from all) on the sidebar and I'll include a link to our page on Spotify at the bottom of this post as well.  If you use something else like Tidal or Boomplay, just search us and we should come up.  If there's a particular platform you use that we don't seem to be on, please let me know and I will look into it.

It's been kind of a nice little boost to see the music out there and generally people seem to have enjoyed it from what I can see (though, granted, most of the folks who I have talked to about this are people I know and am friendly with, so my sample is biased). I have a hard time saying what we sound like - the closest thing I can think of is Faith No More, but we don't sound a lot like them either.

But it does seem like most folks have found something they like.  One of the albums is almost all covers, everything from Bob Dylan to Devo, the Sex Pistols to the Beatles, from David Lynch's Lady in the Radiator from Eraserhead to the Stooges to Neal Diamond to Hüsker Dü.  That should hopefully give you some idea - we are all over the fucking place.

These guys have always been fun to play with.  Our first show was a Halloween gig and someone dressed up as the Baby Jesus dosed the lead singer on stage.  At another, the sound guy was having a lot of problems getting us set up (we were a pain in the ass for sound guys in part just because we had a big band - two keyboards, lead vox, two guitar players, bass, two drummers, three backup vox setups) and four songs in I started smelling something burning only to look up and see that the PA system closest to me had caught on fire (we had no pyrotechnics mind). Though our liability in this incident could have been refuted, we still packed up and absconded pretty hastily.

Good times!

Here is the link to Instant Kafka on Spotify.


Maybe This Is Not Even Earth

4 comments: