Monday, December 26, 2022

Adeptus Titanicus - Terrain

I'm a long way from being finished, but I wanted to post some pictures of the terrain I've done for Adeptus Titanicus games up to this point.  I really want to start doing more homemade / kitbashed type terrain using found objects, but I started out with a mat and two (of the four) tiles that Forge World makes.  I was lucky enough to get two of the tiles before they sold out, as well as at least one copy of the different loose terrain kits they made (which is also sold out).  I also picked up some of the Aeronautica terrain from FW.

I also got a bunch of the Civitas Imperialis sets (at least five, but it might be as much as seven), a set of the Manufactorum Imperialis, and I think two sets of the Civitas Imperialis Spires.

Basically at this point, every terrain kit has been sold out for months EXCEPT for Manufactorum and the Spires.  And I still feel like I don't have enough to really make the board work.

The reason I've been sticking with GW / FW terrain though now is so I don't get any flak if I go into a Warhammer store to play but there are some GREAT alternatives to FW and GW, and I have looked at these.  At one point a seller on Etsy was going to print some stuff for me - they were supposed to give me a price, but never did.  I waited a week for the price, emailed her again, got a "sorry very busy," waited another couple of weeks, emailed again and got the same thing, so I just dropped the matter.  Still some of it is really compelling and cool.  I love the stuff from Grimdark Terrain so I might get some of that.

The tiles are 2x2.  The mat is 4x4.  A regular game of Titanicus is 4x4.  I have the option right now to put the tiles flush against an edge of the mat to get a 6x4 battlefield, to use just the mat, or to put the tile on top of the mat - both of these latter configurations give me a 4x4 playing field.

I do not like having the "lip" showing on the tiles (they are slightly taller than the mat).  So at some point I either need to get city walls, or I could also make some "ramps" that slope up to the high edge of the tiles.  Either solves the aesthetic problem for me, and I might do both just to be able to switch it up in different games.

At any rate, here are some pretty (I hope)  pictures to look at!




I used some Aeronautica Imperialis models as well

This is probably my favorite piece of terrain, kitbashed from a 40k model and a prescription bottle, lol.








You can see one of the other Aeronautica models in this.



Well. That's it for now.  But lately I have been wanting to paint again!  I'm far from being a great painter, but I like doing it.  I have not really had time recently as most of my free time is going to writing (and I really do not want to slack off on that) but I kind of want to do a few more models for my Legio Solis - either some of the more esoteric knights like the Atropos or the Styrix, or maybe a single massive one like a Warmaster.  I'd also like to get a second mat or perhaps do a couple more 2x2 tiles myself and stick with an urban theme throughout the entire board instead of part urban, part cratered wasteland.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a wargaming/miniatures guy but these look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I'm not a super talented painter, but I really enjoy doing it from time to time, it can be kind of meditative or allow me to hit flow state. I honestly don't play very often, but I like the ruleset for Adeptus Titanicus, it can feel really cinematic and nothing is guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete